[Trisquel-users] How can I disable the 'Recent Documents' menu?

cya at riseup.net cya at riseup.net
Mon Dec 30 15:47:25 CET 2013

Those using Gnome and/or any of the Ubuntu-based distros should learn about
zeitgeist, apport, scopes, lens, geoglue, whoopsie, and the uses of Gnome
Activity Journal. Surely, Trisquel has removed these? :-)

As Spinoza said, installing the missing “Privacy” app is a good first
step:
http://ubuntugenius.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/ubuntu-12-04-upgrade-fix-missing-privacy-app-in-system-settings/

What is Whoopsie?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/135540/what-is-the-whoopsie-process-and-how-can-i-remove-it

Purpose of Zeitgeist and Gnome Activity Journal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_%28framework%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Activity_Journal

Apport and crash report info sent to Canonical:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport

** Canonical may change this legal notice from time to time, and at
Canonical's sole discretion. Please check this page from time to time for any
changes to this legal notice as we will not be able to notify you directly.
**

Your computer and all the data belongs to you, so stay safe and share
whatever info you choose to share. BTW, do you use social networks?
http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/security-awareness/oversharing-marc-quibell/

Do good things!