[Trisquel-users] Can anyone tell me if this netbook (w/ Intel GMA 3150) supports 3D acceleration?

chris at thinkpenguin.com chris at thinkpenguin.com
Wed Jan 25 02:39:34 CET 2012

I don't know if you noticed this although that system comes with Microsoft
Windows 7. The Intel wifi card is definitely a problem. Intel does release
free drivers for this graphics chipset however.

While I wouldn't advise buying a computer with a Microsoft Windows license
attached or the Intel wifi chip you can replace Intel wifi chips in Acer
laptops. As far as I am aware there are no artificial digital restrictions on
the wifi card like there are in many laptops today.

You can get a wifi card with a compatible Atheros Mini PCIe chipset from:

http://libre.thinkpenguin.com/

Trisquel gets 25% of the profits donated from any products purchased through
the above site.