[Trisquel-users] Desura goes opensource

sirgrant at member.fsf.org sirgrant at member.fsf.org
Sun Jan 22 21:10:38 CET 2012

I agree with Adrian it probably won't happen.  It also won't happen
unfortunately for technical reasons as well as ethical ones (which Adrian
mentioned).

If you look at the page on [https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/how-trisquel-made
How Trisquel made] we get our packages from upstream.  That means our
packages come from Ubuntu (and in turn from Debian).  If you then look at the
[https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/how-help How to help Trisquel page] requests
for inclusion of packages unfortunately can't be met.  This is because of a
lack of developer time.  In theory the only way this will make it into
Trisquel is if Debian or Ubuntu packages it and includes it in their distro.
Then at that point even then we would have to modify it again to solve the
issues Adrian pointed out.