[Trisquel-users] suggestions for trisquel mini

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Wed Mar 3 17:48:40 CET 2010

> earlier today on the irc, i was encouraged to start a forum topic
> discussing possible suggestions for the mini version of trisquel.

And it is working nicely so far, I see a lot of good ideas in the
thread. Pips17 just started a wiki entry summarizing the thread at
http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/suggestions-trisquel-mini

You are all invited to start expanding this page with pros and cons for
every entry. You should always take in consideration this ideas:

- Only programs already in the repository are usable. We will not
import new software for this kind of job.
- The most used program is most likely the better choice
- Translations are very important
- We will only include GTK+ apps
- Low memory usage is more important than file size
- We would like to keep the image below the 400MB mark, to allow it to
be used in 512mb usb thumb drives with some space for persistence data.
- Usability is a strong requirement. All programs must be easy to use.
- A known old program is often better than a cool new one.
- The bleeding edge is not important, we aim to small computers.