[Trisquel-members] Members' recognition

Christopher Waid chris at thinkpenguin.com
Sat Apr 28 05:06:15 CEST 2012

It would probably be better if someone other than Rubén was in charge of
the membership program. We wouldn't have a problem sending out the drives
as we already ship lots of goodies daily although I'm not a really big fan
of having to flash them. The drives are very slow and it is a waste of
time. Particularly Rubén's time I think. Unless we were seeing significant
increases in membership flashing lots of drives is considerable work. The
only positive I see in it right now is there aren't that many drives which
would need to be flashed given how few people are becoming members.

Maybe the program could be changed to 'free Trisquel flash drive' with
membership and then if a member wanted it flashed there could be a small
charge?

I'm not sure if that is a good idea either though. Only because it is sort
of insulting(?) after one is committing to 5-10€/month to ask for more.
Then again... they are getting the flash drive free still and it isn't
like one is donating for the sake of the flash drive.

Maybe another idea is to simply give members a choice on having us flash
the drive for them.

You know what else might be a nice idea is to have membership levels to
encourage people to up the the monthly donation amount. At 10€/month you
get a Trisquel flash drive. At 25€/month you get a Trisquel flash drive
and 10 Trisquel case badges. At 100€/month you get all that and an
autographed.... (Rubén- when is your book coming out :)  ). Actually we
could probably send out a copy of Richard Stallman's book or something
similar.