[Trisquel-devel] Prosody-Modules

Ryan rynosp at talk2eo.me.uk
Thu Apr 25 15:25:34 UTC 2024

Hello all,

Sorry if this falls slightly out of scope of this list, but I couldn't
find the place best to ask it.

Is it possible for trisquel to package prosody-community modules in the
same way that parabola does rather than the way ubuntu does, by which I
mean thy pull the full list and remove ones that don't respect users
freedoms/privacy.

The reason I ask is that the prosody modules that debian-> ubuntu ->
trisquel have don't seem to include all the community modules in the
"prrsody-modules" package (despite them being compatible with
completely free distros). After migrating my prosody xmpp server to
trisquel I can't use the ext_disco and external_services modules (which
allow you to specify stun servers and things like that) as they aren't
in the modules-package despite this being based on the community
modules, though I guess debian cherrypicks them. These two are in
parabola prosody-modules-hg package.

Alternatively, can anybody advise whether it would be acceptable (this
does work) for me to use the prosody-modules from Parabola? (copying
them over), they are single lua files (not specific to distro etc),
which the prosody people have said works with 0.11.x (which is our
version in trisquel).

I used to pull them directly from prosody many years ago, but realised
that was bad for keeping my system tightly libre and trust etc, so
didn't want to do that.

Many Thanks as always
Ryan