[Trisquel-devel] trisquel ARM install tarball

David Lecompte trisquel at metani.fr
Wed Sep 6 08:51:29 UTC 2023

Hi Luis,

Le Tue, 5 Sep 2023 10:20:08 -0600,

> Thank you for testing. I wonder, we had some permissions issues on the
> netinstall that we had to solve by applying some permission changes on
> the ld library for amd64 and ppc64el,
>
> https://gitlab.trisquel.org/trisquel/package-helpers/-/commit/747d5db6a2844ac5e94ce4ac6064f96e3b246a72
>
> Could it be that something similar is missing for our armhf/64 setup too?

Is this ld to be executed already when booting the installer or only after booting when performing the steps for installation?

I noticed that, in the Debian installer image, I have a lot of kernel messages on the serial console while in the Trisquel installer image, I don't have them. I don't know whether this is because something is stopping these messages or because the kernel does not really start.

> I understand that everything is working fine with the debian-installer,
> right?

I guess you mean the installer for Debian?

If so, no it does not work fine: even though I see on the serial console that the kernel started and provided a lot of normal messages, the USB keyboard and the HDMI display seem to be not functional. The HDMI display shows the installer screen for language selection but using any key on the keyboard has not effect.

If I use the serial console, it seems I can select the language and see the next steps on the serial console but not on the HDMI display. However, the output on the serial console probably includes some characters to switch lines and minicom that I am using does not use them properly then I see pieces of text that soon recover each other so it is not really possible to make choices for the next steps (I can press enter but it is not easy to see I am pressing enter for what).

The debian freedombox image that I tried on the same board works fine (I have flashed U-boot on the SPI first) but since I only interact with the board via the web server it runs, and after some time via ssh, so I cannot say whether USB and HDMI work or not, I am using neither.

I don't know whether I am using the Debian installer image correctly or not. However, I use it exactly the same like I did for the Olimex Olinuxino Lime 2 and on that board, it works perfectly well.

David.