[Trisquel-devel] trisquel ARM install tarball

David Lecompte trisquel at metani.fr
Sun Jul 9 10:24:00 UTC 2023

Le samedi 08 juillet 2023 à 16:12 -0600, Luis Guzman a écrit :

> dtb are on the
> './installer-$(arm_arch)/20210731+deb11u8+11/images/device-tree/'
> folder
>
> Here the not so short list

The list you quoted is from arm64 installer, these devices are armhf.

In that directory for armhf, there are dtb files but all sun7i-*.dtb
files are missing for some reason. The ones needed for my boards are
sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime.dtb and sun7i-a20-olinuxino-lime-emmc.dtb.

I took the missing dtb files from the debian bullseye installer and
tried booting trisquel with it, there is no more complain that the file
is missing but boot stalls at the message "Starting kernel". I also
tried with u-boot from
https://builds.trisquel.org/repos-testing/aramo/pool/main/u/u-boot/u-boot-sunxi_2023.01+dfsg-2+11.0trisquel1_armhf.deb
(I run dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/SDCARD_DEVICE bs=1k
seek=8 to install it on the SD card), it makes no difference.

There is another error message before but that message also shows up
when booting debian successfully on exactly the same hardware (I
reflashed the same SD card to make sure), so I don't think this is the
problem. I include pictures for both. For debian, directly using the
image provided without modified u-boot works but getting network to
work during install fails. If I add u-boot that I compiled following
debian instructions, it works.

I put pictures for trisquel and debian.

> on the same tarball or on the kernel-image-5.19.0-46-generic-di
> package
> (maybe the flash-kernel package for debian?) under /lib/firmware

Which kernel package are you referring to? A trisquel one? I searched
in packages.trisquel.org, when I go to "Kernel", I can see 5.15 kernel
packages but I don't know which one to look for exactly, and you
actually mentioned 5.19.

> Bare in mind that debian and ubuntu have thier own recipe for modules
> be build, and they also place dtb files on different paths, so using
> debian based tool will likely not find them, if such tool is part of
> the
> trisquel repositories then we need to fix it too.

I can copy the needed dtb file from wherever it is, but I need to find
them.