[Trisquel-devel] Install testing of 2020-08-08 isos

Andrew 'Leny' Lindley andrew at andrewlindley.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 17:28:24 CEST 2020

Hi,

Bugs from the latest round of testing 2020-08-08 isos.

TL;DR one notable bug which could necessitate a fresh Trisquel i686
iso.

* AMD64

Nothing new, LE-29 plasma-nm etc still present

* i686

**  Trisquel_9.0_i686.iso

*** LE-36 I notice abrowser is not the default browser according to
     its settings.

*** LE-37 'Install in Text Mode' - Trisquel and Trisquel Mini Desktops

Hangs at 'Installing grub' (on to /dev/sda) with the log screen
showing a series of debug messages as /dev/sdb is analysed for filing
systems.  The last message is:

50mounted-tests: debug: creating device mapper device
/dev/mapper/osprober-linux-sdb2

/dev/sdb is the install iso on a usb stick.

The fact this is so late in the day is my bad.  I mistakenly did
follow up testing on the netinst isos after mislaying my test notes
from my first round of iso testing.  My apologies,  I'm not perfect.

** Trisquel Mini i686 iso and netinstall.

*** Midori (minor)

Anytime you press the delete key twice or cause it to repeat in the
Midori Location/Speed bar it segfaults. Backspace is OK.
(At least I'm not the only one to miss reporting / handling blindingly
obvious bugs :-) ).

** i686 Triskel net/text mode install

  as per amd64, LE-29 still present.

* Notes

All Desktop installs work, as does Trisquel i686 netinstall.
Limitations of time mean I haven't tested Trisquel Mini netinstall
other than on the Trisquel i686 Text Mode Install which fails with the
Installing grub error.

See you at the meeting.