[Trisquel-devel] T9 request for next release

Luis Guzman ark at switnet.org
Thu May 30 05:12:59 CEST 2019

Hello guys and girls,

I've being testing Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and well, it's pretty much 16.04
with new versions of libraries and programs.

One thing I noticed is that the mate-menu crashes too much, to the point
of being annoying, good thing that Trisquel has it's own.

Honestly there is not much I would change, the default applications are
pretty standard, but there is a couple of requests that I would suggest,

1. Replace Eye of Mate for gThumb.
I know gThumb is more gnome driven but Eye of Mate is just to limited,
and for some tasks is better to have a lightweight tool than to open
GIMP or other more specialized programs.

gThumb allows to do a basic set of task for image such as crop, resize
and turn into grayscale which I believe more than one can benefit from.

2. Add PDF shuffler to the office set

One common file format to use is PDF, and in schools and offices it can
be very helpful to have such easy to use tool at hand by default, to
manage and modify PDF files that need to be rearranged.

Aside from that, as almost all of you I have a default set of programs
for any of my systems, but I believe these two are quite remarkable for
homes, school, office environments and are not hard changes that need
any kind of maintenance.

Thanks for your attention and best regards.

--
Luis