[Trisquel-devel] Orca Screen Reader not working on Trisquel 8 Mate Pre-Release

David Rodríguez david at trisquel.info
Wed Apr 11 00:33:37 CEST 2018

Hi, Dave, this looks really problematic.

I've been doing some tests, it looks like orca segfaults some seconds
after starting, with not a lot of traces. Manually updating to a newer
package version works (apparently without dependency issues), so this
could be a way of fixing the issue.

I'll still try to understand why it fails. On a freshly installed system
there are some warnings about a couple of python libraries but updating
those gets rid of the warning but keeps the segfault.

We'll surely have a proper fix ready before the intended release date :)

David R.