[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel ports

Luis Guzman G ark at switnet.org
Fri Dec 29 23:52:06 CET 2017

El vie, 29-12-2017 a las 21:02 +0000, Echedey López Romero escribió:
> Is there a project on Trisquel to ports free software from another
> sites
> and not from distributions repositories?
>
> I would like participate compiling builds with source code from
> another
> sites.

>From the current state of art of our development process I see it not
in a near future.
I believe that if you urge some packages to get into Trisquel it would
be better to get the packages upstream (Ubuntu or even further away
Debian) or even build and maintain a PPA, since Trisquel 8 will be only
for a few time before the process for Trisquel 9 begins.

So your packages will be inherited from upstream on the next release.

> Also there is a lot of free software in his own repositories on
> another
> sites you can get it adding the repository address.

Sure there is just to much free software not available on the
repositories, but the fact of the matter is that the goal is not to
build a repository but maintain it.

Please join next year on the live development meetings so you can
discuss this issue further, as for right now, most/all developers are
afk.

Happy new year!
Cheers!
--