[Trisquel-devel] I want to become a Trisquel packager

David Rodríguez david at trisquel.info
Wed Dec 7 19:34:50 CET 2016

Welcome!

Thanks a lot for your interest on helping with the Trisquel GNU/Linux
project development.

There are many ways to contribute with different aspects of the project,
like writing the scripts that handle customization, remove non-free
software, fix compatibility issues or add features to the operating
system. If you have some of the needed knowledge to help with these
issues the best way to start is to take a look at this
( https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/development-0 ) documentation page,
where you'll find a first approach to stuff like code management, the
distro's building process and the pieces it's made of.

But development is not the only way of collaborating with the project,
at the Trisquel GNU/Linux website you'll find an issue reporting system
( https://trisquel.info/en/project/issues ) which lists the bugs found
with the distro and associated resources like its web pages. Maybe you
could help with those, and you'll find that documentation pages can
always benefit from new and improved manuals in your language
( https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/manuals ) or translations from others.

Another great way of contributing is to join the user forums at
https://trisquel.info/en/forum and helping with other users' questions
or just write about some ideas or knowledge which the community may
benefit from. The forum is also a great place to find further guidance
about other ways to help with the project.

We hope this information can help with your proposal, we'll be delighted
to count on your collaboration with the project.

Best regards,

David R.