[Trisquel-devel] Packaged YouTube ALL HTML5

Andrew Lindley leny2010 at member.fsf.org
Sun Apr 13 20:31:51 CEST 2014

From: Rubén Rodríguez <ruben at gnu.org>
Subject: [Trisquel-devel] Packaged YouTube ALL HTML5
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 03:07:33 +0200
> Also I backported the latest versions of minitube and youtube-dl
> into
> toutatis, please test as well.

Hi Rubén,

Err, I got around to testing minitube for the first time a few
minutes ago on my Gluglug X60s w/ Trisquel 6.0.1 at latest level w/
latest libreboot (named 'tea' - don't worry some of my computers are
named after strong drink :-) ).  Minitube terminated on trying to
play the first video when I launched it from the menus so I went for
a command line start.  This time it happened on the second video
start, as you can see it was a SEGFAULT.  There's no recent minitube
segfault problems in the first few pages of the DuckDuckGo searches I
tried.

BEGINS

leny2010 at tea:~$ minitube
QAbstractItemModel::endInsertRows:  Invalid index ( 1 , 0 ) in model
ListModel(0x939d130)
"http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/?max-results=10&start-index=1&q=ninety%20pounds%20of%20ugly"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/28XiVDKXko0/0.jpg"
Found format 18
"http://www.youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=28XiVDKXko0&el=embedded&ps=default&eurl=&gl=US&hl=en"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_4uKQXhddkw/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FDIxAWMG76Y/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/U8-C-h6mRU8/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/OMPYDM2NomU/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gtAKwk8dTS8/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/UWL06mRBdck/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ufBjdMZ-lGI/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/c4Lil1BBRas/0.jpg"
"http://i.ytimg.com/vi/oJjqS2KS9fQ/0.jpg"
Retrying...
Found format 18
"http://www.youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=28XiVDKXko0&el=embedded&ps=default&eurl=&gl=US&hl=en"
Playing "/tmp/minitube-tU2208"
paused

** (minitube:2208): WARNING **: gstvideo: failed to get caps of pad
xvimagesink0:sink
Found format 18
"http://www.youtube.com/get_video_info?video_id=_4uKQXhddkw&el=embedded&ps=default&eurl=&gl=US&hl=en"
Request finished but never started saving
Segmentation fault
leny2010 at tea:~$

ENDS

All the best,