[Trisquel-devel] Error while compiling FLTK

Andrew M. Lindley leny2010 at member.fsf.org
Sun Jul 28 16:35:52 CEST 2013

From: Luis Guzman <ark at switnet.org>
Subject: Re: [Trisquel-devel] Error while compiling FLTK
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 02:12:19 -0500

> El sáb, 27-07-2013 a las 19:40 -0500, Luis Guzman escribió:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'll like to ask for your help with an issue that i found recently,
>>
>> I was trying to compile the FLTK 1.3.2 library from source in
>> order to
>> install another program, i've done it before, but due a complete OS
>> reset i'm compiling again some programs,
>
> I've came with the solution,
>
> I just had to copy the compiler.h from any of the previous
> directories(?) to /usr/include/linux and then it's all set.
>
> It's kind of a weird error but it worked that way.
> Thanks.

The x86 sigcontext.h (the file with the failing #include) depends on
compiler.h from the relevant linux headers from
/usr/src/linux-headers-<blah> being in the include path.  The x86_64
sigcontext.h doesn't.  The package sigcontext.h is from is libc6-dev
which is unchanged from the Ubuntu packaging as also is the case for
the compliers gcc & g++ .

In short this is not a bug in Trisquel and probably you needed to
issue a manual override to one of the include defaults in ./configure
with an option.

Leny