[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel on ARM cubieboard?

Michał Masłowski mtjm at mtjm.eu
Thu Jan 24 11:24:05 CET 2013

>> How I can check it?
>
> You would have to make your own distro.
>
>> And if is open hardware can I ported Trisquel on it? How?
>
> You will have to use a distro that is ported to A10 processor. Then you
> will have to clean it off for non-free software.

Ubuntu is a well-known distro supporting A10 (not sure about the kernel
which shouldn't be more difficult if it doesn't), maybe the scripts used
for Trisquel development can be adapted for it.

The reason why this is not done yet is that no Trisquel developer has
such a device, not many both work with free software and are easy to
buy.  (Lack of free 3d acceleration or free boot firmware might also
discourage us from supporting some devices; this is a common argument in
case of Parabola.)