[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel on ARM cubieboard?

David Rodríguez Álvarez david at trisquel.info
Sun Feb 17 16:04:32 CET 2013

Hi, Tom!

First of all, sorry for the long delayed answer to your message, we've
been working hard on various aspects of the project, and we're now
reviewing our unanswered mail queue.

With regards to your question, an ARM version of Triquel has been in our
to-do list for quite a long time, but it's a pretty big project, and we
always have the problem that it's hard to know which hardware would be
supported, as with many of these devices many people are content with an
"almost free" solution which includes some non-free pieces for stuff
ranging from minor features support to the entire boot process.

When the time comes to work in ARM support, we'll make sure to contact
people like you with access to the actual hardware to check for support,
and meanwhile, please enjoy the imminent x86 release :-)

Best regards and happy hacking,

David.