[Trisquel-devel] Trouble With Synaptic in 5.5 Beta?

Dave Hunt ka1cey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:43:12 CET 2012

Hi,

First, I tried running synaptic from the menus, with and without orca
running.  After authenticating, I was immediately returned to the menus.
  When starting it from the terminal, I found that synaptic throws an
exception; see below.  I don't know whether this is introduced by
Trisquel, or is also present in Ubuntu 11.10 stock release.  When
synaptic is called by the update manager or the add/remove app, it
doesn't crash.

HTH,

Dave

dave at brigantia:~$ sudo synaptic
[sudo] password for dave:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
   what():  vector::_M_range_check