[Trisquel-devel] Bug reporting rules - third draft

Pavel Kačer pavel at draculus.de
Thu Jun 7 23:01:35 CEST 2012

Hi,

I hope I can help with this as a professional test engineer and test
designer.

> I have also written a sample bug report so that we might have better
> written bug reports.  Poorly written ones waste dev time and can send
> people on wild goose chases.

Absolutely agreed. Wrong incident report =~ developers nightmare.

With a bit of help of IEEE 829-1998 I propose following to add to the
incident report.

 - Traces, logs, screenshots or other evidence of the bug happening.
 - Inputs used to reproduce bug as part of the steps to reproduce or
attachment.
 - Date and time the bug is reported (if not part of the system for bug
reporting).
 - Not default configuration set-up of the software or environment
involved.
 - Severity of the bug as regarded by the person reporting the bug (this
to be reviewed later by someone within the community).
 - Maybe priority. But that might be added later by the project
coordinator.

--
S pozdravem / Kind regards
Pavel Kačer

Neposílejte mi prosím soubory ve formátu Microsoft Office nebo Apple
iWork.
Použijte namísto toho OpenDocument nebo pdf.
http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/