[Trisquel-devel] Requesting package removal (Guidelines for free distro violation)

Grant H. sirgrant at member.fsf.org
Mon Jun 4 09:06:38 CEST 2012

I am requesting that the package winetricks
(http://packages.trisquel.info/brigantia/winetricks) be removed from our
repos.  The details of this issue are documented here
(https://trisquel.info/en/issues/4625).  However, the general problem is
that it acts as middle-ware and helps the user to download non-free
programs.  A clear majority of the programs it helps the user download
and install are non-free.  Most of the few free programs it can isntall
are currently in the Trisquel repos (e.g. VLC) so there is no obvious
reason a user would want to use this to install a program over using the
repos anyways.

Thank you.
--
*Grant H.
*Email: SirGrant at member.fsf.org
*Ask me for my GPG key
*I'm an FSF member -- Help us support software freedom!