[Trisquel-devel] Issue (Bug) reporting rules - 2nd draft. Seeking peer review/feedback.

Grant H. sirgrant at member.fsf.org
Sat Jun 2 21:50:30 CEST 2012

Dear Trisquel devs and volunteers.

Recently a thread on the forums/mailing list
(https://trisquel.info/en/forum/solve-bugs-timeframe-depending-priority)
has brought the attention of bug-fixes and issues to to the community.

Currently the longest standing open bug on the bug tracker is 3 years
and 29 weeks old.  We also have several bugs in the 2 year range.
However, many of these bugs are introduced into Trisquel by upstream or
are requests that should be handled upstream.  Thus I have attempted to
create "issue reporting policy" to help streamline the issue tracker.

I have written a short 2 page policy that people should consider before
reporting bugs to the issue tracker.  This would hopefully cut down on
clutter and bugs that could be fixed by others.  I have attached the
draft policy in ODT and PDF format for others to read.  Feedback is
requested hopefully this can help make the issue tracker a little easier
to manage.

Peace.
--
*Grant H.
*Email: SirGrant at member.fsf.org
*Ask me for my GPG key
*I'm an FSF member -- Help us support software freedom!