[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel is based on Ubuntu

David VANTYGHEM david.vantyghem at free.fr
Tue Jan 24 19:03:12 CET 2012

Hello,

I installed and used Trisquel GNU/Linux for 4 months. I like it because
it's 100% free. Thanks for you work.
I don't know if I can discuss about it here and I think the choice is
definitive but I think it would be more interesting to use Linux Mint
Debian to make Trisquel GNU/Linux.
Accelerated 3D doesn't work on my computer because Ubuntu is using a 2.6
Linux kernel. Using Linux Mint Debian, based on Debian testing, would be
better because it is using a 3.1 Linux kernel. And because with Debian
testing, updates are permanents, we don't need to install a new
distribution each 6 month. And because I don't like Unity.