[Trisquel-devel] [GNU-linux-libre] Freedom issues in lame, cdrkit, SDL, foomatic-filters, freepascal, unzip

Brett Smith brett at fsf.org
Thu Sep 8 16:34:29 CEST 2011

On 09/06/2011 05:27 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> fpcbuild-2.4.2/fpcsrc/packages/opengl/src/gl.pp
>> fpcbuild-2.4.2/fpcsrc/packages/opengl/src/glu.pp

>>     ** Copyright 1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
>>     ** All Rights Reserved.
>>     **
>>     ** This is UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE of Silicon Graphics, Inc.;
>>     ** the contents of this file may not be disclosed to third parties, copied or
>>     ** duplicated in any form, in whole or in part, without the prior written
>>     ** permission of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
>
> I suggest checking whether these are not part of the *GL code that SGI
> relicensed under a Free Software license a while ago.  If they are,
> taking them under the new license is probably an easy fix.

Unfortunately they are not.  The files you're thinking of were all
published under the terms of the misnamed SGI Free License B and GLX
Public License.  I don't remember ever seeing this non-license before.

--
Brett Smith
License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf