[Trisquel-devel] Improve 3G modems support

Luis A. Guzman Garcia ark at switnet.org
Fri Jun 10 01:15:02 CEST 2011

El jue, 09-06-2011 a las 23:48 +0200, Rubén Rodríguez escribió:
> > I saw the last announcement that the usb modems (3G) was improved.
> > I was wondering if the usb-modeswitch package was included as part of
> > the default installation.
> >
> > It allows to recognize the usb devices that need to be
> > mounted/unmounted to work.
>
> usb-modeswitch needs to be manually configured to work (or at least it
> was like that when I tried it last year), and in most cases ejecting
> the device is enough, so I think it is pretty pointless.

I thought that too. But last week i tried one complete day to make work
a 3g modem and only after i installed that package i was able to make it
work. I can't really prove anything but it did the trick.

BTW the hardware
is:http://www.h-node.com/threegcards/view/en/233/Huawei-Technologies-Co--Ltd--E620-USB-Modem
The Huawei E1556 one.

--