[Trisquel-devel] Documentation announcements

Andrew Ter-Grigoryan roeplay at lavabit.com
Tue Jan 25 05:24:08 CET 2011

There are several important things related to our wiki that I wanted to
bring to everyone's attention.

1.) Our repository of free web browser add-ons
(http://trisquel.info/en/browser) could still use or better tags here
and there, but other than that, it's fully mature. But one thing we're
lacking is screenshots for each add-on. bifeo3 already knows about this
and has done some work already. I anyone has free time and is looking
for an easy way to help the project, you can help by taking no more than
two or three good screenshots (inside Trisquel of course, with the
default theme) that best represent the add-on. Some from the main
Mozilla add-ons site are not OS-specific and can be reused, for example
this one: http://trisquel.info/files/imagecache/thumbnail/aardvark_0.png

2.) SirGrant is going to release a style manual for our documentation
soon. It will not be a final draft. The goal is to have an established
standard for all manuals, because a manual written by one person may
look very different from someone else's manual, and we should avoid
avoid unnecessary disagreements over stylistic particulars.

3.) The documentation, not including the manuals, is at this point fully
mature. It just needs to be translated. The manuals section on the other
hand, has a long way to go before it can be considered "1.0" and a
practical replacement to the Ubuntu documentation. Right now it's more
like a 0.5 alpha. The table of contents we have by now is a good start,
but some manuals have yet to be written, and others need lot of work.
All are invited to help. And if you have good ideas for other manuals we
should be working on, let me know.

4.) Because the manuals section of our documentation is incomplete, I
suggest that whoever is going to work on our offline documentation waits
until it's complete. This is recommended to save all the work that would
go into having to synchronize the two.