[Trisquel-devel] Documentation Team/Organization

SirGrant sirgrant at member.fsf.org
Sat Jan 22 20:37:54 CET 2011

El Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:42:32 -0600
Andrew Ter-Grigoryan <roeplay en lavabit.com
<http://listas.trisquel.info/mailman/listinfo/trisquel-devel>>
escribió:

>* On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 18:47 -0800, SirGrant wrote:
*>* > Hey AndrewT,
*>* >
*>* > I was looking at the documentation and we have a good start.  But I
*>* > notice a few issues.  Firstly, it is starting to get unwieldy.
*>* > There is some content (e.g.
*>* > http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/how-configure-zte-mf626-3g-modem) that
*>* > isn't what I think we should have.  Like with that example it isn't
*>* > our job to document how to get a modem how to work.  It is the
*>* > people who make the modem's job to document that.  Or it is a
*>* > question for the forum. (I know you didn't write that manual).
*>*
*>* For I while I have also thought the focus of that modem manual is just
*>* too narrow to merit inclusion. With all due respect to the writer of
*>* that manual, the choice of style for that manual needs a lot of
*>* improvement, parts are outdated (like the reference to Ali Gunduz's
*>* kernels), and it only applies to one specific model of hardware. For
*>* those reasons, I didn't include it in the table of contents. With that
*>* said, I wonder if Ruben be OK with deleting it?
*
Please don't!

We haven't deleted anything yet.  Can you please give more information
on why you don't want it deleted/changed.  My opinion is it is too
specific.  There are millions of different pieces of hardware and we
can't have articles on how to get each and every single one of them
working.  I think that article belongs more on a hardware site like
http://www.h-node.com/.  We were talking about just altering and
changing it to something along the lines of "how to get your 3g modem
working"