[Trisquel-devel] Slaine development iso update 20110119

Andrew Ter-Grigoryan roeplay at lavabit.com
Thu Jan 20 04:58:55 CET 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 01:34 +0100, Rubén Rodríguez wrote:
> Today's update includes many changes:
>
> * Fixed a gtk bug making exaile crash on collection update. It also
> fixed nautilus crashing when moving large amounts of files. #2518
> * Added gnome-app-update, patched to use synaptic as backend.
> * Both amd64 and i386 isos fit in a CD now.
> * Removed gthumb, xchat, empathy
> * Added pidgin back
>
> Also, update-manager can now upgrade Taranis to Slaine. Configure the
> software origins to ask for updates to any new release instead of just
> LTS ones, and run "update-manager -d" or "do-release-upgrade -d" to do
> a text mode upgrade. You can try this without actually updating by also
> adding "-s", which makes the upgrader run in a sandbox.
> Please give it a try and report back.
>
> Still, many bugs remain, please be patient. :)

The only thing I don't like is that you have removed our beloved XChat.
Free software is all about community, and IRC is a staple of that
community. Why did you choose to do remove it? Because Pidgin already
features IRC chat?

Anyway, I will be testing this new .iso out and reporting any bugs I
find. ;)