[Trisquel-devel] Ubuntu-specific packages to remove from repos

José Luis M Moreno joseluis at tlamaki.org
Tue Jan 11 05:19:34 CET 2011

>>> I believe the Ubuntu logo is non-free.
>> What do you mean by "non-free" in the context of a logo?
May be in the policy context trademarks of Ubuntu (
http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy ). I see no problem in their
use. No problem in packages containing not only the artwork and not
inferred in the same package. But if a technical problem on some occasions
package updates in the end are the artwork of Ubuntu.

>>> So the artwork with this logo can be removed.
>> We are going to eventually replace all the Ubuntu logos with Trisquel
>> ones, but I don't think that has anything to do with freedom.
That's nice. I do not think so. Just give an overview of a technical
problem basis to commercial and selfish policies of Ubuntu.

Why is it necessary to replace the logos on packages? For example, it is
necessary to replace the logo in plymouth-theme-ubuntu-logo package?
Filtering is not enough? I know that some packages are cross-dependencies.
There is a better solution? Either way I would like to support as
necessary.

--
José Luis
A tlamaki (libre) developer. :-)