[Trisquel-devel] Testing Trisquel 4.5 in MacBook 5.1 - 2 Part

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Feb 14 14:53:22 CET 2011

Andrew Ter-Grigoryan wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 18:47 -0600, José Luis M Moreno wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Sorry, in the last mail was attached a list of my hardware as plain text
>> but is a HTML file. Now... I add again this list and also a test of
>> hardware. I used the checkbox packet.  I have done more test recordings
>> with the internal microphone seems to work well. :-)
>>
>> Some major issues:
>> - ¿There is a free driver for: Broadcom BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN
>> Controller? I don't know.
>>
>> Continued...
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>> --
>> José Luis
>> A tlamaki (libre) developer. :-)
>> http://tlamaki.org
>>

> The BCM4322 driver is still unsupported by the b43 driver, according to
> this page: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

Try using VirtualBox 4.0.2 (it is GPL)
then both wireless and magic mouse work fine using it's interface.

Run it full screen (Host+F)

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#VirtualBox_Virtualization

Here is an importable version built on my MacBook Air 11.3" 128GB to test:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Emulator_image_files#Trisquel-4.5_-Gnome-sugar_BETA