[Trisquel-devel] Latest Ubuntu 11.04 news

Andrew Ter-Grigoryan roeplay at lavabit.com
Fri Feb 4 06:31:27 CET 2011

> Also, I'm thinking about removing the indicator applet, I think it is
> redundant.

I like the indicator applet, so I hope you don't remove it. It adds
polish, and I think those pop-up bubbles look nice and work well. At
first I thought that the mail icon thing was sort of a waste and removed
it from the panel. But I've come to find it very useful. In Ubuntu
Maverick/Trisquel Slaine it's even better because it also integrates
Liferea. I am conveniently notified on the fly about new email messages,
news updates, and remaining laptop battery life all from one pretty
applet.

The only reason this should be removed is if it will save us a
significant amount of disk space. If it uses at 5 MB or more, then maybe
it's better to leave it out.