[Trisquel-devel] Latest Ubuntu 11.04 news

Rubén Rodríguez ruben at trisquel.info
Fri Feb 4 05:18:30 CET 2011

I can't sleep, so I'll rant a bit.

> The 200-line patch that improves performance on some computers will be
> included

Some computers meaning "with heavy workloads on the terminal", so I
don't see how this hacks got so hyped. Maybe patching the kernel works
better than those "four line" bash versions I've tried, so let's see.

> as will LibreOffice. I like it when good decisions like this
> get made upstream.

It was about time they made one. ¬¬

> Will we follow Ubuntu in switching to Unity, or will we stay with our
> current Gnome interface?

So much for the good upstream decisions. No, we will not try to emulate
the MacOS interface. And I will undo several changes made following
them, going back to pidgin, tsclient and xsane. Empathy, vinagre and
simple-scan just don't cut it.

Also, I'm thinking about removing the indicator applet, I think it is
redundant.