[Trisquel-devel] Seamonkey and abrowser FSDG bugs

Henry Jensen hjensen at gmx.de
Sun Aug 21 19:49:58 CEST 2011

Hello,

about 2 month ago I reported this FSDG issues in Trisquel regarding
abrowser and Seamonkey.

- in abrowser in the "about:plugins" site there is a link to
plugins.mozilla.org which contains non-free plugins.

- included seamonkey in Trisquel 4.5 seems to be unmodified with
freedom issues including recommending non-free software, see
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines#seamonkey

I reported the issue in seamonkey at Trisquel's BTS and at the user
mailing list and the forum. Unfortunately the report about abrowser was
rejected by the BTS as spam.

Now I checked again and nothing happened so far. I saw that the
unmodified seamonkey is also in the package database for the new
Trisquel 5.0.

You are welcome to have a look at our libre builds of iceape at
ConnochaetOS, see http://www.connochaetos.org/forum/topic.php?id=1473
and http://www.connochaetos.org/forum/topic.php?post=7417#post7417

Regards,

Henry