[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel 4.0 mini observations and some problems

Rubén Rodríguez ruben at trisquel.info
Fri May 14 15:19:37 CEST 2010

> - It is not possible to see the result of CD test for errors. All
> files are checked one by one (you can see that) but the final message
> is only "press any key to reboot", so it is not possible to know
> whether the CD is correct.

This will be fixed with the final plymouth theme.

> - Once installed It consumes a huge amount of RAM (about 325 Mb in
> LXDE and 350 in Gnome). As a result it is extremely slow. I guess
> something went wrong with the installation though I do not know what.

It should use as much RAM as it can get. Look into the "Cached" column
in free or top. How did you see that number?

As per the slowness, try to see in top if any application is using the
cpu, disk or memory. The first thing the system will do after installed
is running all cron tasks, that might slow down the machine for a while.