[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel Gamer 3.5

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Thu May 6 23:49:08 CEST 2010

> I start from the standard Trisquel 3.5 iso and modify it accordingly.
> The build process is mostly automated: right now I have a collection
> of scripts that, starting from the Trisquel iso, build the Trisquel
> Gamer iso. I will make the build process completely automated and
> upload the scripts to the ftp

Cool. Since I'm planning on leaving the mini version for the community
to update it after the release, I'll write some guidelines, snippets and
package templates. Maybe you can use them, or I use yours.

> Are you sure? The radeon 9200 is pretty old (2003) It is listed as
> fully supported in Ubuntu with the free Radeon driver
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

Well, the fact is, that driver isn't truly free. It contains a binary
only firmware blob that is required for 2D and 3D acceleration in almost
all cards. Since until very recently it was hard to clean properly, we
stopped shipping the radeon kernel module completely. It will be
included in Trisquel's kernel from 4.0 onwards, but without the blob,
so I don't know how it will behave.

> > The i386 iso would. Gamers tend to value performance a lot, so a 64
> > bit iso might be handy. With an automated build system it should be
> > easy.
> I will consider building a x64 version, but still think i386 is
> enough.

Fine for me :)