[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel Gamer 3.5

David Zaragoza mclaud2000 at tutopia.com
Thu May 6 23:03:21 CEST 2010

On 23/4/2010 10:03 AM, Rubén Rodríguez Pérez wrote:

> This might fail after upgrades, it applies to any modified file. I know
> you can't upgrade a DVD, but using .desktop override files
> at /usr/local/share/applications should simplify your work.

Well, upgrades aren't a major concern since the DVD isn't upgradeable or
installable. Replacing the .desktop is not a problem since I simply
replace the required directory with a custom version.
> I meant that I'd like to know the build process you follow. Do you
> start with the standard iso and modify it, or do you debootstrap the
> system from scrath? What steps do you do? Is it automated?

I start from the standard Trisquel 3.5 iso and modify it accordingly.
The build process is mostly automated: right now I have a collection of
scripts that, starting from the Trisquel iso, build the Trisquel Gamer
iso. I will make the build process completely automated and upload the
scripts to the ftp

> I've modified the video card section, since ATI cards are not supported
> for 3D.

Are you sure? The radeon 9200 is pretty old (2003) It is listed as fully
supported in Ubuntu with the free Radeon driver
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver

> The i386 iso would. Gamers tend to value performance a lot, so a 64 bit
> iso might be handy. With an automated build system it should be easy.

I will consider building a x64 version, but still think i386 is enough.