[Trisquel-devel] Advertising in trisquel.info

Rubén Rodríguez ruben at trisquel.info
Sat Jun 12 21:53:30 CEST 2010

As you might have noticed, we now have ads in the site. We made this
step to allow the project to grow in the future. We are also working to
provide donation methods and to open a online gift store.

We wanted to do this in a ethical way, so we will pick every add by
hand. If we make a mistake report it and we will remove the banner.

Here you have the complete policy:
http://trisquel.info/en/wiki/advertising-policy

Trisquel is a non-profit, community driven project. We need your help
to sustain our work, that's why we have a donation method and
advertising in our web site.

Ethical fundraising

We want every piece of our project to be ethically driven, especially
those regarding our funds. We have selected an advertising network
which allows us to manually approve every ad before it reaches our
page. This way we will avoid recommending unappropriate sites, like
non-free software web sites.

We reject as much as the 50% of every ad offered to our site, including
ads for:

    * Non-free programs
    * Hardware which requires non-free drivers
    * Ads that require a Flash player
    * Online gambling
    * Pr0n
    * Everything appearing to be a scam

We can be fooled, though. If an unappropriate ad skips our filter you
can report it in our contact page and we will remove it.