[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel 4.0 repositories up and running

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Thu Apr 29 20:34:43 CEST 2010

The repositories for our incoming new 4.0 LTS release, codename
"Taranis" -the celtic god of thunder- are now ready, and a basic
console system can now be installed using debootstrap. I already pushed
the 2.6.32 linux-libre kernel in, so we have an usable basic environment
in a record time!

To debootstrap a Taranis chroot, just do this (assuming you are running
trisquel):

 cd /usr/share/debootstrap/scripts/
 sudo cp awen taranis
 sudo debootstrap taranis taranis_chroot

Remember, the repository is strictly for development by now, so don't
try to manually upgrade your system to it unless you know what you are
doing and you want to spend a while fixing broken things!