[Trisquel-devel] Tatan 1.0

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Wed Aug 19 19:17:45 UTC 2009

El mié, 19-08-2009 a las 18:44 +0100, Marco Oliva escribió:
> http://archive.trisquel.info/trisquel/pool/extras/t/tatan/tatan_1.0.dfsg1.orig.tar.gz
>
> 1 - I did not find the license.

That is a problem.

> 2 - tatan/import has many files without license, and, many files with code
> similar to, example:
> In tatan/import/opengl.d ->  " 0x0102 " .

This is ok. It is just assigning values to constants.

> 3 - tatan/src/util has many files without license, and, in
> tatan/src/util/rand.d is written: "/*
>  * $Id: rand.d,v 1.2 2005/01/01 12:40:28 kenta Exp $
>  *
>  * Copyright 2004 Kenta Cho. Some rights reserved.
>  */

> /*
> Copyright (C) 1997 - 2002, Makoto Matsumoto and Takuji Nishimura,
>    Copyright (C) 2003, Andrew C. Edwards
>    All rights reserved.
> */"

Sentences like "Copyright (C) $YEAR $AUTHOR, all rights reserved" are
misleading and should be avoided, but they are OK if a free license is
set right before the statement.

You can find such statement in the Firefox about screen, as an example.

> 4 - tatan/src/br has all files without license.

If at least the whole package had an overall license file, then we could
assume it applied to all that subdirectories, but in this case we should
remove it. Please send the bug to the tracker anyway. Can someone report
the bug upstream too, please?