[Freedom-misc] Screencasting about free code apps

strypey at disintermedia.net.nz strypey at disintermedia.net.nz
Tue Mar 31 10:29:15 CEST 2020

I watched some videos demonstrating the UI of Patchwork (the Scuttlebutt app)
and Aether and I'm inspired to start making some videos like these and
posting them on a PeerTube channel. Just a screencast and a voiceover
recorded in one take (I have a face for radio and I can't be bothered doing a
lot of editing). I've had a bit of a search for screen recording software and
I found this web-based tool that works brilliantly:
https://recordscreen.io/

Sadly, I presume it relies on client-side scripts and I can't find source
code for it. Here are some other tools that can be used for screen recording,
but none of them are as convenient to use:
https://www.linuxuprising.com/2020/01/4-tools-to-record-your-linux-desktop.html

Any thoughts?