[Freedom-misc] Multi-monitor setup on x200

xliang9550 at live.cn xliang9550 at live.cn
Fri Mar 27 07:11:46 CET 2020

Because it's impossible to impose DRM on VGA (analog) output, hardware
manufacturers have been forcing users to switch to digital output. Haven't
you seen that new graphics cards no longer provided DVI-I ports? (The
difference between DVI-I and DVI-D is that the latter cannot be converted to
analog output.)

Actually, there was an old ThinkPad model with such high resolution
(2048*1536) screen: R50p. However, I didn't find any on the dark market. I
still keep a pair of 1-GiB DDR for it (if I could get one).