[Freedom-misc] Skylake integrated graphics' DP output

xliang9550 at live.cn xliang9550 at live.cn
Wed Mar 25 02:46:19 CET 2020

Before I purchased this ThinkPad P50, I knew that Skylake's integrated
graphics required firmware, but I wasn't sure whether such firmware was
required to support dual display output.

I also purchased a very low-end Skylake mini desktop PC to test VT-d and
IOMMU. The mini PC worked smoothly without non-free firmware (only one
display). I planned to recommend Skylake to community for security's sake
(VT-d was generally supported starting Skylake, both chipset and CPU), but
this time I may want to think twice before purchasing another Skylake mini
PC. Maybe I can choose those slighter bigger ones with MXM graphics card
slot, so I could install a GM107 card (e.g. Quadro M1200-M).