[Freedom-misc] [libreCMC] Can anyone help me with a router-behind-router setup?

gs3fsa4s at keemail.me gs3fsa4s at keemail.me
Sun Mar 22 21:41:17 CET 2020

Hi, I hope someone here is familiar with libreCMC because I don't really know
where else to look for help.

I bought a Netgear WNDR3800 running libreCMC which I want to use in a
router-behind-router setup. The goal is to connect the WNDR3800 to my
roommates ISP router so I have my own network and some kind of firewall.

I have a few questions:

1. Does libreCMC have sane defaults? I am not familiar with most of the
features and want to know if the defaults are secure and sane.

2. Before I connect the routers I would like to spoof the mac address of the
WNDR3800. How can I achieve this?

3. LAN to WAN would be the way to go for my setup, right? What do I have to
change in the LuCI web interface in order to make the whole thing work and
isolate the networks?