[Freedom-misc] video chat software

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Sat Mar 21 21:18:33 CET 2020

I just tested [Jitsi Meet][1] with a friend.  It runs in-browser using
WebRTC, which while not my personal preference is ideal for getting otherwise
reluctant people to try it, since they only need to visit a webpage to get
started.  Our browser privacy settings prevented it from working initially,
but I assume that it works out of the box on normal browsers.  Audio and
video quality were quite good, though it is possible that quality would not
be as good for calls between more than two users.

[1]: https://jitsi.org/jitsi-meet/