[Freedom-misc] Why/How does Richard Stallman use Jitsi?

Caleb Herbert csh at bluehome.net
Sat Mar 7 21:38:31 CET 2020

On 3/7/20 9:52 AM, jamest400 at elude.in wrote:
> Yeah I am speaking of MeetJitsi on the web browser, I was under the
> impression the app ran on the browser and used google scripts. The meet
> jitsi (not the app) does not work with LibreJS, and uses external and
> non-free scripts for sure, but I will give the app a try again. Thanks.

"Google scripts" is vague.  Google hosts a lot of free/libre JS
libraries.  Last time I checked, the necessary scripts were hostings of
free programs.

Theoretically, one could self-host things like jQuery in the browser,
and forgo Google's (possibly technically-proprietary) copies.

--
Caleb Herbert
KE0VVT