[Freedom-misc] Re : Excellent interview with Hyperbola co-founder on why they are making a libre BSD kernel, and other stuff

lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br
Sat Mar 7 20:59:01 CET 2020

Distributing a modified version is using freedom #3. There's no dispute that
freedom #3 still exists so that's not the point.

It is Andre's point.  He is not talking about exact copies but about
"applying patches in our distribution without express permission".  So, you
are here confirming what I was writing: that makes no sense; Rust's trademark
policy does not impose the restriction Andre pretends it imposes on
modifications, hence a bad reason to criticize Linux.