[Freedom-misc] fsf stop endorsing purism start criticizing it

svhaab at gmail.com svhaab at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 08:17:39 CET 2020

https://libreplanet.org/2020/speakers/#2464
https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/v10/
In more than one rss, fsf has made favorable comments
about purism and their products.

It is documented that purism from the beginning has
been either amateurish ignorant or plain liars
about what how free software their products would become. They
have continuously made people believe their
products would stand a change of getting ryf
approval from fsf. I and likely others have emailed fsf
on the matter. No effect.
What is it about fsf? Does it get money or hardware from
purism? It takes one email to libreboot or replicant to
get the facts straight.
If you are a fsf official, then comment on this post.

When people have mentioned purism products favorable, then
I have told them the above. People have not been able
to counter my arguments. Still almost always, they have
defended purism. How does it look, when you are calling purism
out and at the same time fsf displays approval and
endorsement of purism?

If fsf thinks it has to mention the librem 5 on its website,
then you are required to tell, how purism have mislead people.

My understanding is, purism has been allowed to present its
products in the vicinity of libreplanet. A wrong decision. Now
libreplanet has given purism a libreplanet talk. What a peak
of incompetence from libreplanet.
Libreplanet cancel the talk. If you are attending the talk,
then interrupt the talk. Confront the speaker with their
history of misleading people.