[Freedom-misc] Why/How does Richard Stallman use Jitsi?

jamest400 at elude.in jamest400 at elude.in
Sat Mar 7 06:02:31 CET 2020

I saw on an interview that Richard Stallman uses "Jitsi" for a lot of calls.
I can not find a way to use Jitsi without using non-free JavaScript, does
anyone know if there is a way? Or does Richard Stallman just make an
exception with Jitsi for online interviews? I like the app, but I am
surprised RS uses it at all, being it seems like the most "non-free" libre
calling app that exists (as it uses non-free JS, WebRTC etc,..).

Jami has been my go-to, but if there is a way to use jitsi with apps like
LibreJS, or with just free-software, it would be really nice.

Thanks.