[Freedom-misc] Re : Cortès & Wingo

lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br lcerf at dcc.ufmg.br
Tue Mar 3 03:35:28 CET 2020

It's fine to disagree, but to hate constantly is not okay.  This is what
divides the free software community.

Indeed.  All those haters who spend most of their free times writing that Red
Hat is the demon, that Mozilla is evil, that whole programming languages
(Java, Rust, etc.) are crap, who make groundless accusations about "non-free
stuff" in systemd, about backdoors in openpilot, about the FSF being corrupt,

But how do you know there isn't truth to them?

I have already replied in
https://trisquel.info/forum/cort%C3%A8s-wingo#comment-147076 : "the
accusation has the burden of the proof".  Sure, I cannot prove that the FSF
is not corrupt.  Nobody can.  In the same way, I cannot prove that there is
no monster in the Loch Ness.  Or I cannot prove that officials of the
Democratic Party are not having sex with children in a pizzeria.  That does
not make any of those claims "truths".  Those who pretend such things exist
are those who are to provide convincing evidences.  Demanding such evidences
before believing in the claims is not being closed-minded.  It is being
rationale.