[Freedom-misc] Openpilot

Caleb Herbert csh at bluehome.net
Mon Mar 2 08:19:45 CET 2020

On 3/2/20 12:49 AM, softwdensky at disroot.org wrote:
>> They are a huge burden on the poor and
> the disabled,
>
> I might agree. The sharing system seems to be quite well developped in
> our country, though.

What do you mean by 'sharing system'?  If you mean Uber or Lyft, these
are not good, because they require proprietary software.

In the U.S., there are very few transportation services.  You MUST own
and operate a car to get anywhere.  This means disabled people have to
stay at home and poor people have to go into debt to get to work.

>> and they are a waste of money for the middle class.
>
> How?

Insurance and upkeep costs on cars is very expensive.  If we had a
decent bus system, we wouldn't be under so much pressure to spend all
that money.

--
Caleb Herbert
KE0VVT