[Freedom-misc] an ethical web hosting service

msuzuqi at posteo.net msuzuqi at posteo.net
Sat Jun 20 17:50:17 CEST 2020

Yes I was planning that. But I don't know too much anything about computers.
I prepared a librebooted X60, I got the domain, a static IP address, my ISP
(NTT) does not block any port, so the LAN would be able to supposed as fully
libre, but especially about outside of the LAN, maybe the network, I have no
idea what I should do and probably understanding every detail about those
things even vaguely is impossible for me. I cannot imagine what I have to do,
i.e. I cannot list what I have to do. So I said that's a professional's job.

And I cannot run the server 24/7 because I do not want fire in my home.

I have just found something called colocation web hosting service. It might
be suitable for my needs, depending on the provider's policy, though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colocation_center
But Wikipedia has no even the Japanese page about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colocation_center
So I think there would not be such a center in my home area, maybe even in
Japan.
I might try to look for it, though.